Blog link: http://capitalmarketalerts.com
Mr. McCarthy is the CFO of Thomas Aquinas College, a great books-based, four-year liberal arts college with campuses in Southern California and Massachusetts.
Mr. McCarthy has over four decades of investment banking experience as a senior banker with B. Riley & Co., The Seidler Companies, Roth Capital, Prudential Securities, Drexel Burnham Lambert, and E.F. Hutton & Co. He is an investment banker with Boustead Securities.
Mr. McCarthy’s client transaction experience includes raising both debt and equity capital and completing M&A transactions as well as various capital market projects.
Mr. McCarthy has a successful track record of raising capital and completing M&A engagements for middle market companies in the areas of:
- life science,
- real assets,
- energy savings.
He has served as a financial advisor on numerous successful engagements including:
- GrowthPoint Structures growth capital raise,
- Aeolus Pharmaceutical’s equity raise,
- Cash Store Financial’s public bond financing,
- Digital Angel’s sale of its Destron Fearing business,
- GeneSeek Genetic Lab sale,
- TranSwitch Telecom Products debt raise,
- CalAmp Electronics debt raise,
- LCC International Engineering debt raise,
- Digital Angel ID Products equity raise,
- Iconixx Software sale,
- Evolving Systems Software secondary stock sale,
- Vertical Branding equity raise,
- RXi Pharmaceuticals fairness opinion,
- Horizon Offshore Services equity raise,
- ReadyPac Foods junior debt raise,
- OSI Systems equity raise,
- Binax Diagnostics sale,
- Pinnacle Entertainment equity raise,
- MCI’s Vision Solutions sale,
- eMerge Interactive Software equity raise,
- Acres Gaming sale,
- Epoch Biosciences equity raise,
- Integrated Sensor Solutions sale,
- Hycor Biomedical sale,
- Laser Power Products sale,
- Mr. Coffee IPO and exchange offer,
- Laser Diagnostics fairness opinion,
- DPAC Technologies merger of peers,
- Destron Fearing sale,
- Thermo Trilogy Chemicals sale,
- Syn-X Pharma sale,
- M-Wave Technology Services fairness opinions,
- Diametrics Medical sale and
- Internet Capital Group secondary stock sale.
Mr. McCarthy graduated summa cum laude with a B.S.B.A. from Georgetown University and holds an M.B.A. from the Graduate School of Business Administration at Harvard University.